Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Samosa (Potatoes & Beef)

Craving for samosa, I thought of buying them but there's enough ingredients to make, why not right? I used beef for the samosa, add some potatoes, peas, chinese celery, green chilis etc. Mom bought ready to use spring rolls or samosa leaves where can be found at Shop and Save supermarket (Singapore), from Saudi Arabia. The skins are not the same as the usual spring rolls skin that I usually bought to make spring rolls or samosa. But I like the texture and it has the taste of the Middle East.

Above is the fillings. As you can see there's alot of  beef (slices), oh my that's yummylicious. Mom told me to make sure that the beef slices are tender.

Ingredients

200grams beef, sliced
2 large onions, sliced
3 cloves garlics, sliced
4 tablespoons curry powder
4 large potatoes, diced
1/2 cup peas
1 teaspoon gharam masala
 A few sprig curry leaves
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
Cooking oil

Method

Heat about 4 tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add in the chopped onions,garlic, curry powder and curry leaves, fry until fragrant and add in the beef, add about 1 cup of water and let it simmer till beef tender. Add in the potatoes and peas. Let the potatoes cook through. Lastly put in the gharam masala, sugar and salt and stir again till combined .Let it cook till slightly dry. Remove from heat and let it cool.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any suggestions?

Look into my web site; http://purewhitekidneyx.org

Anonymous said...

Designing mass effect limited edition is not an easy task and surely requires many skills.
Move along the roof listening to the screams of your
fellow marines on the radio and the game features a gory creature at the end and you can never
have enough.

Look at my page :: aria mass effect