Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kuih Keria (Sweet Patotoes Donuts)

Kuih Keria, sweet potatoes donuts. Family favourites, mom was craving for this goodies yesterday. Made them for iftar. I only had a few sweet potatoes, given by my mother in law but enough to whip this sweet treat for mom. I used less flour this time so it won't get tough or hard.
 
Very simple recipe for this kiuh keria. Only get a few kuih keria though, will buy more sweet potatoes and will make them again this few days. Can't get enough :-))

Ingredients

3 medium size sweet potatoes
80 to 100grams self raising flour
1 tablepsoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Method

Peeled the sweet potatoes, boiled till tender, drained, mashed. Add in the sugar and salt followed by the flour little at a time, to make sure that the flour is not over added. The mixture must not be too dry of too soft, just nice for you to shape it into rings (like donuts). Heat up cooking oil and fry till golden.

For Sugar (To make sugar coating)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup water

Method

In a wok or any cooking pan you have, combined the sugar and water and heat until sugar dissolves and now you can add in the donuts and carefully coat it with the sugar. Off heat, place the donuts on a rack and let it cool.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to
write some content for your blog in exchange for a
link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail
if interested. Cheers!

my blog post: Full Article

Anonymous said...

My relatives every time say that I am wasting my time here at web, but I know I am getting familiarity
all the time by reading such fastidious content.


Here is my web site ... black lab golden retriever

Anonymous said...

Can I just say what a comfort to discover somebody who
genuinely knows what they're talking about online. You actually realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More and more people have to look at this and understand this side of your story. I was surprised that you aren't
more popular given that you surely have the gift.

Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

Here is my weblog: quality information golden retrievers content

Anonymous said...

Hello, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other then that, great blog!

Here is my web blog: lab golden mix

Anonymous said...

Simply desire to say your article is as astounding. The clarity on your
post is just spectacular and i can think you're knowledgeable in this subject. Fine along with your permission allow me to take hold of your feed to stay updated with approaching post. Thank you one million and please keep up the gratifying work.

my blog post: quality goldendoodle temperament content

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This post could not be written any better!
Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate!
He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article
to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!


Also visit my web-site :: Visit Website

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was really informative. I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put
this article together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and commenting.
But so what, it was still worth it!

Also visit my weblog - Useful Site

Anonymous said...

Excellent post however I was wanting to know if you could write a
litte more on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!

My page awesome golden retrievers puppies facts