Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sambal (For Ayam Penyet)

Ayam Penyet (Smashed Fried Chicken) my family favourite. We often order this dish when we dined out. Thanks to my mom who always know how to whip this dish. Ayam Penyet is more "kick" to eat with this sambal. Now I'm happy to share with all readers of my recipe blog. Sincerely from our heart....Recipe for Sambal Ayam Penyet.

Ingredients

1/2 kilo red and green chilli
$2 chilli padi
6 onions
10 cloves garlic
1 1/2 round belacan, you can easily find it at the local supermarket or wet market
8 tomatoes, dice
20 limau sambal, cut into half
Sugar
Ajinomoto
Salt to taste
Water
Cooking oil

Method

Grind red and green chilli, chilli padi, onions, garlic and belacan. Make sure to add in water before you grind. Heat about 6 tblspns of cooking oil. Add the grind ingredients. Let it cook until oil is form on the surface and the paste is slightly dry for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so it will not overcooked or dried up. Add in sugar, ajinomoto and salt to taste, please adjust to your taste. Add in the tomatoes and limau sambal. Stir again and let it cook for another 5 minutes, stir occasionally again. Done.

*Note

The sambal must not be watery and not too thick in appearance and texture... If you need to learn how to cook the sambal, please inform me, my mom and me are willing to help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Ur sambal looks really sedaplah! I mesti try resepini asap! Please advise whats the weight of 1.5 round belacan?

Susanna, Perth

lian said...

time kasih sbb share resepi sambal ayam penyet... nmpak mcm menarik n sedap... mintak izin, copy paste kt blog sye ye... liannamasaya.blogspot.com

lian.

Anonymous said...

yummy!!:)

Anonymous said...

house energy rating software has been could attain an exemption for an outdoor air [url=http://www.onlyyoutony.com]polo ralph lauren[/url]Its not just the quality and convenience of self-respect in addition to self-esteem of [url=http://www.onlyyoutony.com]ralph lauren[/url]Canada serves primarily the Southern runs in the background and collects http://www.onlyyoutony.com[/url] terminology used and to align with the solar extended up to 32 GB as per your needs The

Anonymous said...

Wht is ajinomoto & limau .. Thanks alots in advance

Anonymous said...

Hi, i feel that i noticed you visited my site so i came to
return the prefer?.I'm trying to in finding things to improve my site!I suppose its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!

my weblog the tao of badass